Race Director Roles and Responsibilities
The Race Directors role is to coordinate and ensure the smooth running of the event.
Below, please find a summary of the Race Director’s duties:
- Arrive at the respective venue timeously and ensure the venue is set up and ready for registrations to start at 7.30am and the event to start between 07h45 - 08h15.
- Be responsible for the training and organisation of the team of Volunteers and allocate them their designated roles.
- Ensure that all electronic timing devices, as supplied by MyFitness, are charged and in working order prior to the start of the event.
- Ensure that all other equipment is in working order prior to the start of the event. If any equipment is stolen or damaged during the event, ensure that this is reported to MyFitness on the following Monday.
- Ensure that there is a trained individual who is able to act as a Race Director and understands the duties thereof, in the event of you not being able to attend.
- Record the volunteers that assisted on the day and provide the list to the myrun Event manager.
- Ensure that, on completion of the myrun event, all equipment is packed in the correct equipment bags and is stored for safekeeping.
- Ensure that the venue is returned to its original state, or as close as possible to its original state, after the event.
- Post on the Venue social media page to communicate any updates regarding events, venues, Volunteers, milestones, etc.
- Post pictures of the event to social media Venue Page.
- Make decisions as to whether the conditions on a specific day are suitable for the event and may, in his/her discretion, modify the course, the event set up, delay the start and under exceptional circumstances, cancel an Event on the day; and ensure that MyFitness and all relevant parties are made aware of the cancellation immediately.