Covid 19 Compliance Process for myrun Events
myrun social runs will open under Alert Level 1, however, there will be strict COVID-19 compliance
procedures in place to ensure that every person can do so safely.
With this in mind, please be aware that the run format will change to automated individual starts (no
gun start, no batch starts, just start when you are ready to do so by tapping in at the start pod).
There will be an open start window from 07:45 to 08:15 in which time you will pass through a
screening process and then be able to start your run when you are ready to do so.
This process will ensure that we are well below the official gathering regulations of Level 1 and
that you are adequately social distanced from one another.
REFERENCES AND GUIDELINES
- Occupational Health and Safety Act 1993
- Disaster Management Act COVID-19
- All participants must wear a suitable face mask on arrival and departure to the demarcated myrun
venue start/ finish area. No person will be permitted to enter the demarcated start/ finish area
without a face mask. The mask may be removed during the run only.
- Please ensure that you maintain social distancing of 2m from one another.
- Race directors / Compliance Officers contact details including name and surname will be visible
at the venue.
SCREENING AND START AREA
- A demarcated start/ finish area will be open from 07:45 to 08:15. Please note that each venue
Race Director may elect to extend the ‘start’ window to 08:30 where necessary, in order to cater
for higher participation numbers. During this time, you can enter through the screening station
and begin your run.
- There will be no more than 50 people (inclusive of staff) gathered in the demarcated start/
finish area. You can only gain access to this area by having a myrun timing band and passing
through the Screening Station.
- Please remember to maintain social distancing.
- Sanitizer will be available in the demarcated start/ finish area as well as in additional
locations deemed necessary by the venue Race Director.
- If you have purchased a timing band, but have not yet collected it, then you can do so at the
Screening Station where a volunteer will assist you (remember to bring your QR code in order to
receive your timing band).
- Before entering the demarcated start/ finish area, each participant will be required to complete a screening process that involves the following:
- Each runner will first have their temperature checked on arrival at a dedicated screening station. If your temperature is lower than 37.8°C, you will find a screening questionnaire poster in this station with the necessary T’s & C’s to be accepted.
- If you pass these screening questions and accept the T’s & C’s listed, you can then immediately proceed to the start area.
- When you’re ready to start; tap your band against the start pod to begin your run. Your attendance, acceptance of the T’s & C’s and timing results will be recorded digitally through this process.
- By introducing automated individual starts there will be no gathering at the start as seen in
gun or batch starts. There will also be sufficient social distancing between runners who are
spread out while completing the course.
- On finishing the run, tap your band against the pod reflecting the distance you ran and your
time will be calculated automatically and displayed on the myrun website and in your profile
- On completion of the course, participants must vacate the start/ finish area.
WHO MAY NOT COME TO THE EVENT?
Any person displaying symptoms related to COVID-19, including, but not limited to the following:
- Any person with a temperature higher than 37.8°C.
- Have experienced any cold or flu-like symptoms in the last 14 days, including:
- Sore throat
- Respiratory illness
- Difficulty breathing
Information capture through the screening process will be stored for 6-months and used for tracing
purposes should this be required. Data stored will include the following:
- Personal Information
- Entry Time of Day to demarcated myrun start/ finish area
- Start and Finish times of each participant
PROCEDURE IF SOMEONE DEVELOPS COVID-19 SYMPTOMS
Should a person develop or display COVID-19 symptoms during the event:
- All participants must wear their face mask.
- The person displaying COVID-19 symptoms will be directed to an isolation area.
- The Race Director / Compliance Officers will be informed and will issue further instructions.
- The area will be sanitized immediately.
- Should a person test positive for COVID-19, the Department of Health and the NICD will be
RACE DIRECTOR / COMPLIANCE OFFICERS PROTOCOLS
The following is to be carried out by the Race Director / Compliance Officers of the venue at every
- Each venue Race Director will be the COVID Compliance Officer
- RD’s / Compliance Officers are to allocate volunteers to tasks pertaining to the protocols
- Ensure that the participants complete the screening process
- Oversee the safe proceeding of the event
- Familiarize yourself with both the Volunteer and Participants Protocol documents
- Announce all participant protocol with your pre-run announcement
- Ensure that everyone at the event adheres to the rules
- Report any COVID-19 related incidences to your myrun Event Manager
The following is to be carried out by the Volunteer team of the venue at every event.
- All volunteers are to wear a face mask that covers the nose and mouth at all times
- All volunteers are to sanitize their hands before handling any equipment and in 20mins intervals
- Volunteers to ensure that all participants collecting timing bands sanitize before and after
- Volunteers are to maintain a 2m social distance at all times
- Volunteers are to ensure that the participants are adhering to all regulations as put out by the
- Volunteers are to inform their myrun Event Manager or Race Director /
Compliance Officers if they have been in contact with someone who has COVID-19 or suspects that
they might have contracted the virus